William M. Luxford
William M. Luxford
Dr. Luxford was born, raised, educated and still living and working within a 40-mile radius of downtown Los Angeles. His father, a chiropractor, and mother, who developed bilateral severe/profound hearing loss at an early age led him to medicine and the field of otolaryngology.
After working with House group physicians during his residency, Dr. Luxford decided to complete a fellowship in neurotology at House Clinic and Institute. He joined the group shortly thereafter, helping Dr. William House expand his cochlear implant research as a treatment for deafness in adults and children. Over the years. Dr. Luxford has had the opportunity to provide care for adults and children with a variety of problems related to hearing or balance. One of his great pleasures is seeing patients he carried into the operating room as infants to return to see him as university graduates.
- Los Angeles
- Orange County
- Loyola University, Bachelor of Science Los Angeles 1971
- University of Southern California/Keck School 1975 of Medicine, MD 1975
- University of Southern California/Los Angeles County Medical Center
- Department of Otolaryngology University of Southern California/Los Angeles County Medical Center 1980
- House Ear Clinic / House Ear Institute 1981
- Cochlear Implants adults and children
American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
American Medical Association
Los Angeles County Medical Association
Los Angeles Society of Otolaryngology
California Medical Association
American Neurotology Society, April, 1985
Pacific Coast Ophthalmological and Otological Society, 1986 (PCOOS)
North American Skull Base Society, 1989 (NASBS)
- Brackmann DE, Sheehy JL, Luxford WM: TORPs and PORPs in Tympanoplasty: A Review of 1042 Operations. Otolaryngol.-Head & Neck Surgery Vol. 92, No. 1, February 1984; 32-27.
- Luxford WM, House WF: Cochlear Implants in Children: Medical and Surgical Considerations. Ear & Hearing, Vol. 6, No. 3 (Supple.), May-June 1985.
- Jackler RK, Luxford WM: Congenital Malformations of the Inner Ear: Laryngoscope, Supp. 40, Vol. 97, No. 3 Part 2, March 1987.
- Luxford WM, House, WF: Acoustic Tumor: The Approach of William M. Luxford and William F. House. Operative Challenges in Otolaryngol. –Head & Neck Surgery, Otolologic and Skull Base Surgery, 1990.
- Telischi FF, Luxford WM: Long Term Efficacy of Endolymphatic Sac Surgery for Vertigo in Meniere’s Disease. Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery, Vol. 109, pp. 83-87, July 1993.
- Luxford WM: Surgical Decision-Making in Acoustic Tumor Surgery. In ACOUSTIC TUMORS: DIAGNOSIS AND MANAGEMENT, William House, Charles Luetje and Karen Jo Doyle (eds.), Second Edition, Singular Publishing Group, Inc., 1997.
- Syms MJ, Luxford WM, Management of Cholesteatoma: A Status of the Canal Wall, Laryngoscope 2003;113:443-448.
- Cullen, RD., Fayad, JN., Luxford, WM., Buchman, CA. Revision Cochlear Implant Surgery in Children; Oto & Neurotol: Feb. 2008 – Vol 29 – Issue 2 – pp 214-220
- Wilkinson EP, Fayad JN, Luxford WM: Pediatric Cochlear Implantation Surgical Aspects;Clinical Management of Children with Cochlear Implants, Plural Publishing; 2009
- Luxford WM, Derebery MJ, Berliner KI. Complete Idiot’s Guide to Hearing Loss. New York: Penguin Group; 2010.